User subscriptions can be added using both Mighty Membership component and Mighty Registration component. However, there is a difference in the way these two components allow you to select user while adding a user subscription.
In Mighty Membership, you can select a user from a list, on the same page where you are adding a user subscription whereas in Mighty Registration, you select a user from the User Manager page that displays the list of existing users and then add subscription to the selected user through another page.
The User Manager page can be accessed only if Mighty Registration component is installed.
Using Mighty Membership Component
To add a user subscription using Mighty Membership:
1. Navigate to Components-> .Mighty Membership-> User Subscriptions in the Joomla global menu. The User Subscriptions page appears:
2. Click the New button in the toolbar of the User Subscriptions page. The User Subscription [New] page appears:
3. Select a user from the User drop-down list and set a subscription for the user by selecting a subscription plan from the Subscriptions drop-down list in the User Subscription section.
4. Set the parameters in the Properties section, such as Published and Limit. The Limit field allows you to define the maximum number of times a subscriber can access an article using the selected plan. The Published option allows you to make the subscription active for the subscriber so that the article specified in the subscription plan can be accessed by the subscriber.
5. Click the Save or Apply button to add the user subscription.
Both the Save and Apply buttons allow you to save the changes. However, clicking the Save button redirects you to the list of items whereas clicking the Apply button does not redirect you to any other page.
Using Mighty Registration Component
To add a user subscription using Mighty Registration:
1. Navigate to Components -> .Mighty Registration -> User Manager in the Joomla global menu. The User Manager page appears and displays the list of existing users.
2. Select the check box corresponding to the user for whom you want to set the subscription and click the Set subscriptions button in the toolbar. The User Subscription [New] page appears:
3. Select an appropriate subscription plan from the Subscriptions drop-down list.
You can fix the number of times the subscription can be used by specifying the value in the Limit text box.
4. Click the Save or Apply button to save the form.