You can install, configure, and use the JoomSuite Inbox component only after logging into the Joomla back-end. Before installing JoomSuite Inbox on your system or server, ensure that Joomla 1.5 native is installed on it and you have the credentials for logging into the Joomla back-end.
To access the JoomSuite Inbox component and utilize its features:
1. Log into Joomla back-end with administrative privileges.
2. Install the JoomSuite Inbox component according to installation instructions.
3. Install the JoomSuite Inbox license according to license installation instructions.
4. Open the JoomSuite Inbox configuration by navigating to Joomla Menu-> Components-> .JoomSuite Inbox-> Configuration and configure all the parameters according to configuration instructions.
5. Open the JoomSuite Inbox Message Types by navigating to Joomla Menu-> Components-> .JoomSuite Inbox-> Message Types, as shown in the following figure:
In the Inbox Message Types page, you can add, edit, delete, and publish message types. While creating a message type, you can configure it so that front-end users are able to select the message type while composing messages. You can also set a message type as default so that the default message type is used if user does not select any other message type while composing a message. For more information, see Message Types.
6. Create new links that will appear in the front-end and allow users to access their Inbox. For more information, see Creating Links.
7. Visit http://localhost/joomla. Enter the valid credentials and log into the Joomla front-end, as shown in the following figure:
8. Click the link you created in step 6 for Inbox access. The front-end of JoomSuite Inbox appears. For more information, see Front-end Usage.
After you have finished working with JoomSuite Inbox component, you can log out of the Joomla back-end by clicking the Logout button.